[Bioperl-l] Capabilities of Bio::Tree

Bryony Mackenzie basm101 at york.ac.uk
Thu Nov 20 10:23:50 EST 2003

Hello,

I am interested in using the Bio::Tree module and would like to read in
Newick format and convert to a web-friendly
graphical format. Ideally I want to use colours and other options to
prettify the tree.

I have looked at using the Treeplot program but it does not seem to
distinguish properly between my consensus trees
with bootstrap values and trees with branch lengths. It tries to
interpret my boostraps as branch lengths :(

I have read the docs but am still confused as to the abilities of
Bio::Tree. I see that handling phylogenetic trees has been
put down as a problem area for bioperl and I was wondering what progress
is being made ?

Thanks,
Bryony