[Bioperl-l] Error in loading into biosql database

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gnf.org
Wed Mar 19 15:46:22 EST 2003

If you dropped it and re-created it that should have taken care of
records erroneously without NCBI taxon ID.

To verify you can query before an upload:

	mysql> SELECT binomial, variant, ncbi_taxon_id FROM taxon WHERE
ncbi_taxon_id IS NULL;

To confirm for Homo sapiens:

	mysql> SELECT * FROM taxon WHERE binomial = 'Homo sapiens' AND
	(ncbi_taxon_id IS NULL OR ncbi_taxon_id != 9606)

Neither of the 2 queries should return any rows.

If they don't and you still get this error then look in your input file
for the first occurrence of Homo sapiens as species for the sequence.
Does it come with NCBI taxon ID? If no, here is your problem. If yes,
look for the second sequence of Homo sapiens. Does it have accession#
P42655? If yes (*), truncate the taxon table and create a new input
file with only the first Homo sapiens sequence entry (which supposedly
has a taxon ID). Try to load the single-entry file. After that, check
your taxon table. There should be Homo sapiens. If it lacks the NCBI
taxon ID (*), the problem is with the parser not parsing the taxon ID
out of the input.

(*) if you have to answer 'no' here, there's possibly something weird
going that would need to be fully debugged. You can try to run
load_seqdatabase.pl with --debug and send me the output.

	-hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org