[Bioperl-l] script installation

Aaron J Mackey ajm6q at virginia.edu
Tue Mar 11 09:23:58 EST 2003

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, Brian Osborne wrote:

> >Also, I've written the documentation for several scripts assuming that
> >the name conversion will be xxx.PLS -> xxx (and not xxx.pl). What is
> >correct?
>
> I don't know.

I'd put in my two-cents for xxx.PLS -> xxx (and not xxx.pl), but only if
any potential conflicts could be checked and prompted:

Replace /usr/local/bin/head with "head" from scripts/head.PLS [y/N] ? n
Replace /usr/local/bin/load_gff with "load_gff" from scripts/load_gff.PLS [y/N] ? y

-Aaron

--
 Aaron J Mackey
 Pearson Laboratory