[Bioperl-l] bug #1396: *.PL to *.pod conversion is broken, makebailsout

Allen Day allenday at ucla.edu
Thu Mar 6 11:03:54 EST 2003

> I'm not sure how a non-interpolated HERE-document looks, but as a
> matter of fact biodesign.PL and biodatabases.PL were all one document,
> and variables were interpolated all over the place.

i've attached an example below of how to do interpolated and
non-interpolated heredocs (note the use of single quotes), and below that
the output of the program.

... but maybe this isn't what we want to do if Aaron has an easier
solution

-allen

----

#!/usr/bin/perl

use strict;

my $scalar = 'scalar';
my @array  = ('ary1','ary2','ary3');
my %hash   = (h1 => 1, h2 => 2, h3 => 3);

print <<HERE
  interpolated heredoc:
  $scalar
  @array
  %hash
  ----
HERE
;

print <<'HERE'
  non-interpolated heredoc:
  $scalar
  @array
  %hash
HERE
;

----

allenday at nozzle:/home1/allenday> perl heredoc.pl
  interpolated heredoc:
  scalar
  ary1 ary2 ary3
  %hash