[Bioperl-l] bug #1396: *.PL to *.pod conversion is broken, makebailsout

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gnf.org
Thu Mar 6 10:54:59 EST 2003

I don't quite understand how this would work in reality, but I trust
Brian and you can work out something that

	a) makes it relatively difficult to have stale version numbers in
documentation upon releases (which was the original problem Allen was
trying to solve),

	b) does not make a documenter's life more miserable by requiring him
to pay attention to otherwise unnecessary things like hand-escape all
variables in the text,

	c) is simple enough to enable a willing documenter to create a
conforming file from scratch without having to take a class,

	d) doesn't break documentation containing code snippets nor causes
running make to fail, and

	e) doesn't require a user to install esoteric packages for solely this
purpose

I'll appreciate and welcome whatever Brian and you suggest and
accomplishes this; if I remain silent on a particular suggestion, it
doesn't mean that I don't like it, I may just not understand it.

	-hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org