[Bioperl-l] issue with closing tempfile and bl2seq

BHurwitz at twt.com BHurwitz at twt.com
Wed Mar 5 18:51:51 EST 2003

Hi Ewan,

I hate to say it...but I am still having problems with tempfiles not
closing properly when running bl2seq in StandAloneBlast.pm (even after
adding in the WrapperBase.pm module).  I get a new error, but the same
basic concept.  Too many open files... Any ideas?

-Bonnie

Error in tempfile() using /tmp/XXXXXXXXXX: Could not create temp file
/tmp/uIUPLezeBx: Too many open files at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Bio/Root/IO.pm line 614

|         |           Ewan Birney       |
|         |           <birney at ebi.ac.uk>|
|         |           Sent by:          |
|         |           bioperl-l-bounces@|
|         |           bioperl.org       |
|         |           03/05/2003 03:29  |
|         |           PM                |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                                              |
  |        To:      BHurwitz at twt.com                                                                                                             |
  |        cc:      bioperl-l at bioperl.org                                                                                                        |
  |        Subject: Re: [Bioperl-l] issue with closing tempfile and bl2seq                                                                       |

On Wed, 5 Mar 2003 BHurwitz at twt.com wrote:

> Hi Ewan,
>
> Thanks so much for the response.  I updated bioperl to 1.2 and
> unpacked/installed bioperl-run from the bioperl CVS, but it looks like I
am
> still missing the WrapperBase.pm module.  Do you know where I can get
this?
> Is there something I missed?

there is wrapperbase.pm on the web site at:

http://bio.perl.org/SRC/branch-1-2/Bio/Tools/Run/WrapperBase.pm