[Hackathon] Re: [Bioperl-l] proposed change to Bio::SeqFeature::Gene::*

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Wed Jun 18 23:14:29 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-06-18 at 14:57, Lincoln Stein wrote:
> The idea for GFF3 is that the third column becomes controlled by an ontology
> AND is used as the primary_tag.  I guess this implies that the primary_tag
> becomes controlled by an ontology.

Only for features that are created from GFF3... which is the problem.
At the moment primary_tag is not *reliable* in representing what type of
feature object it is attached to.

>   The aggregator/fluffer/unflattener should

I'm not sure that "fluffer" is such a good idea given the vernacular
meaning of the word...  :-)

(...or perhaps I should be ashamed of possessing this kind of
knowledge??)

Mark

--
Mark Wilkinson <markw at illuminae.com>