[Hackathon] Re: [Bioperl-l] proposed change to Bio::SeqFeature::Gene::*

Lincoln Stein lstein at cshl.edu
Wed Jun 18 17:57:14 EDT 2003

The idea for GFF3 is that the third column becomes controlled by an ontology
AND is used as the primary_tag.  I guess this implies that the primary_tag
becomes controlled by an ontology.  The aggregator/fluffer/unflattener should
be able to look at the primary tags of a bunch of seqfeature primitives and
turn them into the right structure.

BTW, the second column, the "source" is still unconstrained.  I tend to think
of this as some sort of private qualifier on the primary tag that you can use
like this:

	col 2		col 3

	my		exon
	your		exon