[Bioperl-l] RemoteBlast other than NCBI.

Prachi Shah prachi_shroff at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 13 09:06:12 EST 2003

Is there a way to use HTTP blast at some site other
than NCBI? I need something exactly like RemoteBlast
but which sends out requests to the server I specify.
Actually, we have a (so called) local blast set up at
a central server in the university and there is a HTTP
access to it which is similar to the NCBI Blast. Could
I send requests to that HTTP site instead of NCBI with
something like RemoteBlast? If not, how difficult
would it be to modify RemoteBlast for this?

thanks,
Prachi.