[Bioperl-l] HTML writers

nkuipers nkuipers at uvic.ca
Fri Feb 7 13:16:34 EST 2003

Thanks Brian,

I had a feeling I would have to roll my own.  Perhaps when I am intimately
familiar with the guts of bioperl I will contribute some format-to-format HTML
writers.

Hilmar, you mentioned in your response to my earlier question about CGI and
SeqIO filehandles that you didn't think the code would work.  Maybe it
shouldn't have, but it did.  The autoflush $fh 1 suggested by Jamie was all I
needed to get the html interspersed with the sequence object information
properly, but even before that, my original code printed everything to the
same destination, if not the same handle (seqio object made with the same
filename as that pointed to by the separate $fh variable).  I mention it as a
matter of semantic interest.

Thanks everyone,

Nathanael