[Bioperl-l] HTML writers

Brian Osborne brian_osborne at cognia.com
Fri Feb 7 15:30:07 EST 2003

Nathanael,

I don't think there's a module tailor-made for this, no, but you could make
a script in a few minutes. Get the HTML in question, replace each relevant
section with a variable, read the fasta file into a Seq object, use the
appropriate Bio::Seq method to write to the appropriate variable. Done.
Well, I lied, you'd have to spend a few more minutes formatting some
sections if you wanted it picture-perfect.

There's a little section at the end of the Bio::Seq documentation that talks
about how fasta "fields" map to Genbank fields:

http://doc.bioperl.org/releases/bioperl-1.2/Bio/Seq.html

Brian O.