[Bioperl-l] errors when aligning

Jason Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 03:08:24 -0400 (EDT)

This is a bug in Root::IO wrt to running programs on windows -- I believe
you need to follow instructions at
http://bio.perl.org/bioperl-bugs.private/incoming?id=1224
and basically comment out these lines.

Ewan has fixed this on the main trunk.  This is meant to handle the weird
case of someone asking for clustalw exe like this '/clustalw'.
Alternatively I think the fix is to replace the offending line with
$exe =~ s/^\Q$PATHSEP//;
or
$exe =~ sm#^$PATHSEP##;
or
just comment out the line.  I can imagine weird cases where someone would
specify /clustalw IF they had tried and failed to construct the path
outside of the library and then passed the exe path to object thinking it
was properly constructed so I would like to see this check work.

We'll get this tracked down to the fullest before 1.2 - but since none of
the core developers run analyses on windows we'd appreciate feedback if
this fix works for you.

-jason