[Bioperl-l] New Fink Bioperl dependency installer, etc.

Hilmar Lapp hlapp@gnf.org
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 10:02:09 -0700

I used CPAN, but not BioPerl::Bundle (I just installed the various
dependencies; I work on the cvs HEAD). It does try to update Perl at
some point, but you can interrupt that step (that's what I did: ^C)
and it just carries on with the other modules. As far as I can tell,
it works.

The problem with LWP is still there, it did override my system head
(do you happen to know where I can get the original one? Can you
send me yours?)

I tried to install some perl packages and their dependencies with
Fink, but wasn't very happy with the results. E.g., some packages
(GD for example, MySQL) required C-libs to be available; first, Fink
didn't have the required versions, and second after installing it
myself it didn't appreciate the stuff being there now. That was all
2 months ago, so things may be different by now.

	-hilmar