[Open-bio-l] Re: [Bioperl-l] Re: [Bioperl-guts-l] bioperl commit

Jason Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Sat, 31 Aug 2002 19:43:38 -0400 (EDT)

> download from CVS need to download a second module -- although
> couldn't this be solved through some aliasing or so (Jason?).

Done.  Each project now has a new cvs module called 'biodata' which is a
symlink to /home/repository/biodata/biodata

Each project also has a new entry in CVSROOT/modules which allow you to
checkout all the necessary modules in a single cvs checkout.
These are all named bioXX_all so:

% cvs -d:ext:USERNAME@open-bio.org:/home/repository/bioperl co bioperl_all
% cvs -d:ext:USERNAME@open-bio.org:/home/repository/biopython co biopython_all
% cvs -d:ext:USERNAME@open-bio.org:/home/repository/biojava co biojava_all

One of the dirs in there is called biodata.  Which you can alternatively
checkout with the cvs module name 'biodata'.  It is also accessible in
from /home/repository/biodata.   Chris -- we'll need to add it to the
rsync list and/or verify that rsync is respecting the symlink.  If it
isn't we'll have 3 copies of this dir on the anonymous CVS machine - but
perhaps that isn't a big deal anyways...

All projects can make changes to the biodata directory (note the need for
a common group below) and the data will be shared across the projects.

Note 1:

People must be in the obfcommon group -- we'll have to make a merged group
at some point or else you'll get warning message when you try and checkout
this dir.  Someone else can sort this out please.  Too bad unix doesn't
allow groups to be made up of other groups...

Note 2:
Additionally,  emails will only get sent to the lists if the toplevel
CVSROOT for the modules (i.e. /home/repository/bioperl/CVSROOT) has been
configured to send mail (as in cvs commit mails to bioperl-guts-l).

Note 3: Whenever Chris switches the CVS repository machine open-bio.org
will become dev.open-bio.org

Note 4:
project admins may want to edit the cvs module list (do this:
% cvs -d /home/repository/bioXXX co CVSROOT/ modules
% cd CVSROOT
% vi modules
% cvs commit -m "added XX to the list"
% cd ..