[Bioperl-l] StandAloneBlast

Jason Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 08:09:29 -0400 (EDT)

Cory -
You can specify the file just as you would on the cmd line running blast
-d PATH/TO/BLASTDB

so just specify the full path name of the db when specifying the db.

I would strongly encourage anyone wanting to see standaloneblast work
better for them to consider improving it - it currently does not have a
caretaker so no new improvements have gone in to it. It could certainly
use work to make sure it runs smoothly in lots of different situations.

Cory - would you want to make the improvements you suggest?

--
Jason Stajich
Duke University
jason at cgt.mc.duke.edu