[Bioperl-l] Re: [BioSQL-l] seqfeature.display_id

Hilmar Lapp hlapp@gnf.org
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 02:08:29 -0700

On Wednesday, October 2, 2002, at 08:04 AM, Heikki Lehvaslaiho wrote:

> I've used heavily seq_id(), which is defined in Bio::LocationI,
> in Bio::Coodinate modules.
>
> Hilmar, before changeing anything, could you have look if there is some
> overlap between Bio::LocationI and Bio::SeqFeatureI that could be
> pruned
> out.

seq_id is now both on SeqFeatureI and LocationI (the same name is
good IMO, because they mean the same thing), but they are not
necessarily the same. Specifically, for remote locations they will
be different.

	-hilmar
Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org