[Bioperl-l] taxonomic information handler

Jason Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 14:20:10 -0400 (EDT)

I think we would like someone to do the Taxonomy namespace for sure.

I have written a connector to NCBI to retrieve ncbi_taxaid for an organism
name, its in scripts/taxa.  Would love to be able to populate a whole data
object as well if we can design one.

Would be great if someone (other than me) would flesh out the
Bio::Taxonomy objects.  There was a proposed relational structure from
Matthew that may have made its way a module of the biosql schema.

Dan would you be brave enough to propose a set of objects which relate a
taxanomic hierarchy?  This might utilize objects such as Bio::Graph but I
wouldn't worry about that right now.  I would drive this based on use
cases that you have for taxonomic data.

-jason

--
Jason Stajich