[Bioperl-l] est2genome and bioperl

Jason Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 14:03:11 -0400 (EDT)

Not yet - there is one in Ensembl we could probably lift - either way
AFAIK this is a very trivial format to parse so would be very simple to
write one.  Not sure how to handle multiple good hits in a segment in
terms of stitching them into a gene - but again ensembl has probably deal
with this.

We've not really fleshed out the Bio::SeqFeature::Exon,
Bio::SeqFeature::Gene objects (Hilmar should these perhaps feed better
with the Bio::Tools::Prediction::Exon objects or be combined?).

while( <DATA> ) {
 next if( /^\s+/);
 my ($feattype,$len,$score,$hs,$he,$hit,$qs,$qe,$query) = split;

 # Build Bio::SeqFeature::Generic or perhaps Bio::SeqFeature::Exon objects
}

__DATA__
Exon       652 100.0     5   656 AF243532.1    1004  1655 Contig4614
Span       652 100.0     5   656 AF243532.1    1004  1655 Contig4614
Segment    652 100.0     5   656 AF243532.1    1004  1655 Contig4614

-jason