[Bioperl-l] HELP PLEASE.

Perl yang xpy1999perl@yahoo.com
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 22:32:53 -0800 (PST)

Dear bioperl people,

Part of scripts of mine:

@params = ('program'  => 'blastp',
             'outfile' => 'bl2seq.out');
$factory =
Bio::Tools::Run::StandAloneBlast->new(@params);

FOR LOOP{
$report = $factory->bl2seq( $input1, $input2);
$hsp = $report->next_feature;
print $hsp->percent;
}

The following is what people post before. I have the
exactly same error message. 'can't find Carp/Heavy.pm'

Which file handles should I close? and How?

Many thanks. I appreciate your help very much.

Peter

I've run into this before; chances are you're opening
too many files and
are running out of available file handles by the time
you reach the 60th
iteration. Make sure you're closing the BLAST report
file handles after
parsing each one. You can check/adjust how many file
handles your processes
can have open by using the 'limit' UNIX command (IF
you're on a Unix
machine).

HTH,
-j

James Diggans
Bioinformatics Programmer
Gene Logic, Inc.
Phone: 301.987.1756
FAX: 301.987.1701

Dear Bioperl users

I am new in the Perl/Bioperl world and run into the
following problem I
don't know how to solve:

I am using Bio::Tools::Run::StandAloneBlast and
Bio::Tools::BPbl2seq for
alignments between two DNA sequences (see below part
of the script). The
modules run in a loop and work fin until the 60th loop
and the I get an
error 'can't find Carp/Heavy.pm'. I checked and
Carp/Heavy.pm it is at the
place where it should be!!

What is the problem and how can I solve it??

Thousand Thanks

Andreas Gisel