[Bioperl-l] pedigree drawing

Jason Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 12:43:48 -0500 (EST)

For those interested in pedigree drawing with perl - I've fixed the
drawing in my pedigree toolkit to work for most simple cases - added a
script call scripts/pedplot.pl which will allow you to run the modules. As
I get time I'll try and finish the postscript implementation - right now
it is just a GD -> png drawer.

To try it out, check out the cvs module bioperl-pedigree.

BTW you need the perl module Tie::IxHash to run things.

Try
% perl scripts/pedplot.pl -f lapis -p t/data/test1.lap

Eventually with some more user scripts written I'll try and release it as
a replacement for my C++ implementation.

-jason
--
Jason Stajich
Duke University