[Bioperl-l] BioXML, Agave and bsml

Lincoln Stein lstein@cshl.org
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 11:46:00 -0500

DAS (what you're calling "BioXML") is well implemented, but is a very shallow
pipe.  It will transfer the feature table, but not the sequence meta data
such as author, species, citations, and so on.  You will want to go to the
www.biodas.org site and get the latest Bio::DAS perl library.

Agave has no support in BioPerl (unless someone has added it very recently).
BSML is supported and will round-trip BioPerl sequences quite well, but the
BioPerl parser is a memory hog and rather slow.

Lincoln