[Bioperl-l] Ace failure

Ewan Birney birney@ebi.ac.uk
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 15:57:45 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 18 Dec 2002, Lincoln Stein wrote:

> The test database is currently offline because it was being abused.  I'm sure
> that you *don't* need the Ace module in order to install bioperl, and I
> wonder why it is part of Bundle::BioPerl.

I think we should probably drop it from Bundle::BioPerl

the connections on your machine Lincoln means that lots of people must be
using the bundle to install extra dependancies. Probably a good thing.

I have only had one test report BTW (from Jonathan Epstein - many thanks
Jonathan. It looks like "standard windows errors" in there).

Other reports. V. interested in Irix and Sun tests as I don't test on
those UNIXes myself regularly