[Bioperl-l] Re: [Bioperl-guts-l] bioperl commit

Keith James kdj@sanger.ac.uk
31 Aug 2002 15:51:06 +0100

[...]

    Steve> What do people think about creating a new cvs module called
    Steve> "biodata" where we can start housing these things? Each
    Steve> Bio* release could include the latest export from
    Steve> biodata. This is one area that is truly cross-platform and
    Steve> cross-language.

I think we really need something like this. I've just been updating
the unit tests for the biojava blast parser and had to generate a load
of new blast output where I couldn't steal from the BioPython test
data. There's biochemical data we could share too.

With search program output I think it's good to have both sets where
query and database data are constant across different program versions
and also sets which exhibit boundary conditions or sundry
wierdness. Having all this in one place can only improve all the
projects involved.

Count me as a volunteer to "do stuff" once more people respond with
their 2c.

Keith

--

- Keith James <kdj@sanger.ac.uk> bioinformatics programming support -
- Pathogen Sequencing Unit, The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, UK -