[Bioperl-l] microarrays and matrices

Allen Day allenday@ucla.edu
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 11:52:30 -0700 (PDT)

> I actually like Bio::Expression::*

Yes, me too, so that's where the modules are sitting.  My current work
looks like this:

Bio::Expression::Probe
Bio::Expression::Probeset
Bio::Expression::Affymetrix
Bio::Expression::Affymetrix::Cel
Bio::Expression::Affymetrix::CDF

I'm adding PDL constructors for those inclined to use them, and for those
who aren't... they don't have to.  What should be done with Makefile.PL if
I have some code (not exactly) like:

sub asPDL {
  my(@args) = @_;
  eval{require PDL};
  die "ack!" if $@;
  return pdl @args;
}

Should a PDL requirement be placed in Makefile.PL or not?

-Allen