[Bioperl-l] sim4 parser?

Jason Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 20:21:54 -0400 (EDT)

I already did HMMER - rewrote it so it doesn't depend on
Tools::HMMER either - we may still want to retain Tools::Sim4 since it
would provide gene centric interface while SearchIO would be Hit/HSP
centric -- unless we want to build some methods into a
Search::Hit::Sim4Hit which would return a gene model object which might be
a good idea??

Rambling here  ... We should probably consider a SearchIO for Est2Genome?

A Genewise parser might be reasonable some day too, but I'm just
suggesting things to those sitting on their hands looking for little
coding projects -- the biggest issue is the gene model objects aren't
really matured just yet so some work would need to be done to those.

-jason