[Bioperl-l] BTW...

Brian Osborne brian_osborne@cognia.com
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 09:42:49 -0400

ActiveState,

I hope this letter finds you well. I'm a member of an open source group
which makes a popular package called Bioperl (popular in bioinformatics that
is). I noticed that you have bundles in your distribution but not
Bundle::BioPerl. Many of our users use ActiveState Perl, Windows, and would
like to be able to easily install the many modules that Bioperl depends on
(e.g. IO::String, IO::Scalar, XML::Parser, etc.) in a single step. Naturally
we'd like you to support Bundle::BioPerl. Can you tell me who to contact to
facilitate this?

I should add that we make the Bioperl package itself available as a *ppm
file at our Web site, http://www.bioperl.org/DIST, it's only the bundle
itself that we'd like to see in ActiveState.

Thank you,

Brian O.

Etc.