[Bioperl-l] question about the nature of bioperl

Allen Day allenday@ucla.edu
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 17:01:53 -0700 (PDT)

> >a general repository for an ad hoc collection of unsupported scripts and
> >modules that don't fit into the central framework?
>
> I love this idea, though I would be in favor of reviews for redundancy (10
> scripts doing exactly the same thing from different people would not be
> beneficial, although maybe 2-3 scripts doing the same thing in procedural and
> OO ways would be useful) and basic quality of the Perl itself.

I think /scripts in the bioperl-live project is where these things are
supposed to go.  I remember having a discussion about this a couple of
years ago at ISMB, and there was lots of enthusiasm, but no one was
willing to step up to the plate to maintain a script archive.

-Allen