[Bioperl-l] RE: SearchIO and GCG

Peter Kos kos@rite.or.jp" <kos@rite.or.jp
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 17:13:56 +0900

Hi,

thanks for the concern.
I will try to go through those files.
I must admit that again I just circumvented my problem rather then
really solving it straight.
I knew, I the databases shipped with gcg are in special format. Which
is true for the annotated databases like gb, embl, pir and stuff like
that. However, as I figured out that "blast" (in gcg) is just a
wrapper for "blastall v.2" and the corresponding databases are in
exact NCBI blast format. Therefore, instead of working on some
solution of the possible minor differences, I simply disregarded that
annoying wrapper and used the good old  blastall with the gcg
databases.
I am sorry that I asked you before careful examination of the case,
causing extra work on your side.

Can I find that  t/data/test.gcgblast on a public place? I bet you
keep this kind of new things on a server but I am not aware of that
exact location.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanx for the help, any way.
Peter