[Bioperl-l] "invalid e-mail address" bug

Peter Kos kos@rite.or.jp" <kos@rite.or.jp
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 11:00:57 +0900

Hi,

recently, when I send/post an e-mail to this list, I get an AUTOREPLY
from Invitrogren, like

> You have sent an e-mail to an address at invitrogen.com that is no
> longer valid.
> If you would like to place an order, please resend your email to
...etc

After complaining about this at Invitrogen, I had the reply like

> Thank you for contacting Invitrogen technical services!  It is
> possible that you have tried to contact somebody that is no longer
> part of one of the Invitrogen companies.  This can include
> Invitrogen, GIBCO, ResGen (Research Genetics), or Novex.  If you
> got the message in error, I am sorry for the confusion.  I hope
> this is helpful, please let me know if there is anything else I
> could do for you.

I am not well trained about the history of bioperl-l@bioperl.org, but
I would be surprised to learn that it used to be a part of
Invitrogen.

Does anybody have a comment on this issue?

Regards
Peter