[Bioperl-l] Limit on number of Bio::Seqs returned from Bio::DB::GenBank::get_Stream_by_batch

Lincoln Stein lstein@cshl.org
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 10:14:50 -0400

Genbank/Entrez has a habit of imposing arbitrary limits on downloads,
complicating Bio::DB::GenBank and brethren considerably.

This is not an approved, bioperl-compliant, or even supported solution, but
as a temporary measure you can use the Boulder::Genbank modules
(http://stein.cshl.org/software/boulder/) to get the genbank entries you need
if you don't want to download the entire genbank distribution.  This module
jumps through several hoops in order to reissue requests when Entrez cuts you
off.  You can then feed the genbank flat files that Boulder returns to
Bio::SeqIO to get proper bioperl objects.

Lincoln