[Bioperl-l] [Bioperl-guts-l] Notification: incoming/1167 (fwd)

Jason Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 10:34:40 -0400 (EDT)

It's really helpful when you provide constructive comments - if you're not
happy with the state of toolkit we'd welcome contributors rather than just
complaining about a 'buggy' release.  Join us in making the toolkit
better!

As for your points:

1) Sorry, this is the wrong interpretation of how the modules are used -
   the annotation framework has
   changed to the interface Bio::AnnotationCollectionI which allows us to
   be more flexible about the types of annotations stored, rather than
   requiring a new function for each type.  This change is mentioned in
   the Changelog for 0.9.2.   Future changes to the annotation system will
   more fully link in the Bio::Biblio to the annotation objects.

2) At this point no one uses Bio::SeqFeature::Computation because it is a
   newish module that Mark Fiers wanted to see included.  We'd welcome
   improvements and tests for this module - if you write it and submit to
   the list we'll add it to the repository.

Thanks.
-jason
--
Jason Stajich