[Bioperl-l] Checking molecular type for blast searches

Jason Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 08:02:13 -0400 (EDT)

In bioperl we guess it is DNA if the % of ATGC is > 85%. See
Bio::PrimarySeq method _guess_alphabet for an impementation of this.

I appreciate the need to catch these kinds of errors - but at some level
the user is going to have to be educated about what they are doing -
garbage in / garbage out.