[Bioperl-l] xml standard for sequences

Lincoln Stein lstein@cshl.org
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 10:53:04 -0400

There are a number of standards; none has swept the others yet, although this
will probably happen in time:

	GAME	- berkeley annotation format
	BSML	- from visual genomics
	AGAVE	- from doubletwist, now defunct
	DAS	- for simple annotations

The departure of BioXML is lamentable.  We really need to bring it back!  Any
volunteers?

Lincoln