[Bioperl-l] 07 release (today!) details

Jason Stajich jason@chg.mc.duke.edu
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 12:04:05 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 5 Mar 2001, Chris Dagdigian wrote:

> Jason-
>
> Should you and I coordinate the mechanics of the release (making the dist
> files and toggling the  the website updates? We can write an announcement
> email and send it along to happily busy :) Hilmar so that all he has to do
> is issue the formal announcement from his email address? We can also just
> do the release on the web/ftp sites today and leave the official email
> announcements for later on this week. This may be a good idea in case
> there is some showstopper that requires a quickie 0.7.1 release...

yeah, you and I should coordinate this to at least let Hilmar catch his
breath. I'll draft something and send to you for feedback, then we'll let
Hilmar or Ewan send out the final announcement.

> We still need Ewan (specifically his PAUSE login/password) to put the
> tarball into CPAN.

heh.  Well we can release from the bioperl site until he gets a chance to
do this.

> There are a couple of painful doc/pod errors in branch-07 (bad URLs to the
> tutorial and external.shtml pages etc.) Is this ok for me to fix in both
> branches or should I really be leaving this stuff in bioperl-live for the
> 07.1 release? I felt bad last night about putting late non-bugfix changes
> into the branch0-07 tree but some of them would have confused many new
> users.

No worries.  This is a good thing. Doc fixes are perfectly fine to fix -
the freeze is mostly to avoid introducing new bugs IMO. We just need to
make sure your fixes get propigated to the main trunk or we'll be doing
this every release.  Let me know what you want me to fix or if you can do
this fix on the main trunk as well.