[Bioperl-l] 07 release (today!) details

Ewan Birney birney@ebi.ac.uk
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 17:25:59 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 5 Mar 2001, Chris Dagdigian wrote:

> Jason-
>
> Should you and I coordinate the mechanics of the release (making the dist
> files and toggling the  the website updates? We can write an announcement
> email and send it along to happily busy :) Hilmar so that all he has to do
> is issue the formal announcement from his email address? We can also just
> do the release on the web/ftp sites today and leave the official email
> announcements for later on this week. This may be a good idea in case
> there is some showstopper that requires a quickie 0.7.1 release...

I doubt there will be a showstopper. (ewan smiles to himself).

I am happy to tag and produce final tar balls *now* if everyone else is.

> We still need Ewan (specifically his PAUSE login/password) to put the
> tarball into CPAN.

I'll get my PAUSE upload login/password now...

> There are a couple of painful doc/pod errors in branch-07 (bad URLs to the
> tutorial and external.shtml pages etc.) Is this ok for me to fix in both
> branches or should I really be leaving this stuff in bioperl-live for the
> 07.1 release? I felt bad last night about putting late non-bugfix changes
> into the branch0-07 tree but some of them would have confused many new
> users.

Fix it down the branch - we'll do a cvs -j (join) sometime next week to
bring the main trunk in sync with the branch for the modules you
changed. Just keep track of them.