[Bioperl-l] 07 release (today!) details

Chris Dagdigian dag@sonsorol.org
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 11:56:41 -0500 (EST)

Jason-

Should you and I coordinate the mechanics of the release (making the dist
files and toggling the  the website updates? We can write an announcement
email and send it along to happily busy :) Hilmar so that all he has to do
is issue the formal announcement from his email address? We can also just
do the release on the web/ftp sites today and leave the official email
announcements for later on this week. This may be a good idea in case
there is some showstopper that requires a quickie 0.7.1 release...

We still need Ewan (specifically his PAUSE login/password) to put the
tarball into CPAN.

There are a couple of painful doc/pod errors in branch-07 (bad URLs to the
tutorial and external.shtml pages etc.) Is this ok for me to fix in both
branches or should I really be leaving this stuff in bioperl-live for the
07.1 release? I felt bad last night about putting late non-bugfix changes
into the branch0-07 tree but some of them would have confused many new
users.

 -Chris