[Bioperl-l] BPlite -> SeqAnalysisParserI.pm

jdiggans@genelogic.com jdiggans@genelogic.com
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 14:40:28 -0400

Hi all, I just updated my local distro to 0.71 and am trying to port a
rather heavy script using Bio::Tools::Blast to instead use
Bio::Tools::BPlite for speed reasons. Now, however, when running:

     my $report = new Bio::Tools::BPlite(-fh => \*BLASTREPORT);

I get back:

     Can't locate object method "new" via package "Bio::SeqAnalysisParserI"
     at /loc/to/my/distro/SeqAnalysisParserI.pm line 101

which reads:

     return $class->SUPER::new(@args);

Now SeqAnalysisParserI.pm ISA RootI and RootI definitely has a new() ...
can anyone imagine why I'd be getting the above? I wouldn't ask but I've
looked all over creation and can't find why I should get this particular
error ....

Regards.
- j

James Diggans
Bioinformatics Programmer
Gene Logic, Inc.
Phone: 301.987.1756
FAX: 301.987.1701

The information contained in this email message is intended only
for the personal use of the recipient(s) named above.  This
message may be privileged and confidential and protected from
disclosure.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
document in error and that any review,dissemination, distribution,
or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this communication in error, please notify us immediately
by email, and delete the original message.