[Bioperl-l] subclassing (?) BPLITE, etc.

Jason Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Fri, 28 Dec 2001 23:18:30 -0500 (EST)

The new SearchIO system is intended to be subclass-and-plug-in just like
SeqIO - so I would suggest it.  The basic structure is good but the
parsers will go under some more major revisions with Steve C's new code so
I would not reccomend it as starting point until the end of Jan unless
you're willing to get down and dirty and understand it pretty thoroughly.

Alternatively the BPlite structure is a fine one to adopt but you won't be
able to do a whole lot of code reuse for the parser - maybe the
Subject/HSP objects - not sure.

-jason