[Bioperl-l] subclassing (?) BPLITE, etc.

Jonathan Epstein Jonathan_Epstein@nih.gov
Fri, 28 Dec 2001 15:35:20 -0500

Hi,

I need to parse a completely different type of blast output and fit it into one of the existing BioPerl blast frameworks (preferably either BLAST or bplite).  I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out where to create such a module (which will only be for my personal use, unfortunately), how to do the necessary subclassing, etc.

When I use this object based upon a proprietary file format, I want almost all of my application code to just look as though I was using traditional BioPerl objects.

Thanks in advance for any pointers,

- Jonathan

Jonathan Epstein                                Jonathan_Epstein@nih.gov
Head, Unit on Biologic Computation              (301)402-4563
Office of the Scientific Director               Bldg 31, Room 2A47
Nat. Inst. of Child Health & Human Development  31 Center Drive
National Institutes of Health                   Bethesda, MD 20892