[Bioperl-l] cleanup of tempfiles

Jason Stajich jason@chg.mc.duke.edu
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 09:11:00 -0400 (EDT)

[not a very exciting topic, but ... ]

In the event one does not have File::Temp we have implemented our own
tempfile/tempdir creation.  We attempt to remove all created tempfiles and
remove tempdirs (with all containing files) which are created.  We do not
really cleanup a tempdir which contains files at this point because rmdir
will fail if the dir contains files.

Solutions:
o use File::Path's rmtree method to cleanup a dir.  A new dependency.
o require File::Temp to be installed and get rid of our implementation
o [sigh] import the rmtree method from File::Path

Any opinions?  I really just want to go with the 2nd choice, but I know it
is silly to force people to have File::Temp installed to run bioperl.
On the other hand, we've already essentially imported File::Temp into
Root::IO, might as well import rmtree too...

-Jason

Jason Stajich
jason@chg.mc.duke.edu
Center for Human Genetics