[Bioperl-l] parsing genbank (tissue_type & notes)

Fernan Aguero fernan@iib.unsam.edu.ar
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 13:00:24 -0400

Hi!

I am interested in knowing the origin (tissue/organ/cell line) of several
ESTs that I collected after a blast search.

I am just starting to play with Bio::DB:Genbank to download sequences. I
can get to sequences and parse myself the entries to get at the tissue_type
genbank feature and to get the Organ from the 'note' field.

I decided to do that myself since I could not find how to do that on the
bioperl docs. Is this something currently implemented in bioperl? I know
that bioperl can parse genbank format files, but I'm not sure if it keeps
all of the info in the file or if it just takes the sequence and some
'standard' features and discards the rest ...

Thanks in advance,

Fernan

--
Fernan Aguero