[Bioperl-l] Re: Bio::DB::EMBL

Elia Stupka elia@ebi.ac.uk
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 07:35:47 +0100 (BST)

> There is another issue to take (or not) into account here: Until sequence
> version servers are available it makes little sense to talk about them

I don't really agree with this. Even if a certain server has one release,
and thus one only version available, the user will still want to say give
me AC000234.5, and don't give me anything if you don't have version 5. The
reason behind this is, for example, golden path clones. If you are working
off a static golden path, have a dataset related to a golden path, etc.
you will not want to mess up your coordinate system by fetching the wrong
sequence.

Elia

tel:    +44 1223 49 44 31
mobile: +44 7971 59 03 69