[Bioperl-l] GO annotatinos in BioPerl. A tentative proposal...

Hilmar Lapp hilmarl@yahoo.com
Thu, 05 Apr 2001 09:50:55 -0700

Ewan Birney wrote:

> <ewan's prejudice>
> Annotation objects always seem to degnerate into something like name-value
> pairs/multiple mix-in inheritance of interfaces. It is way too slippery to
> pin down...
> </prejudice>

Hm. You mean there is no sensible AnnotationI a generic
AnnotationDumper (like one dumping to GFF format) could be
satisfied with? I of course don't know the past experiences with
any attempts in this direction. (Does anyone have the BioJava
solution at hand? Is there a IDL definition [BioCorba, BSA, ...]
making an attempt at this?)

	Hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                              email: hilmarl@yahoo.com
GNF, San Diego, Ca. 92122                phone: +1 858 812 1757