[Bioperl-l] protein identification program for proteomics

Aaron J Mackey ajm6q@virginia.edu
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 10:36:38 -0400 (EDT)

The FASTA package includes a variant called 'FASTS' which searches
a database with multiple sequence fragments (presumably obtained by
tandem-MS experiments) simultaneously.  The advantage is that you get to
identity proteins that have not yet been sequenced, and you get to search
nucleotide databases (with 'TFASTS').  There's the additional advantage of
being able to assess statistical significance to your results.

A molecular weight cutoff/filter is also available as an option.

-Aaron

--
/ Aaron J Mackey           \