[Bioperl-l] RE: ORF finder

hilmar.lapp@pharma.Novartis.com hilmar.lapp@pharma.Novartis.com
Mon, 4 Sep 2000 18:28:10 +0100

Derek,

what sort of ORF finder would you be interested in? One that takes the
sequence as it is and outputs the most likely ORF (based on length and
coding potential)?

A couple of weeks ago I wrote to the BioPerl list about ESTScan. We will
need a parser for this very soon (the next days), and I was asking whether
someone could come up with an educated suggestion of how to model the
insertions and deletions ESTScan predicts (there was no response). I wanted
to make sure that we are not going to write a parser for the same thing.

     Hilmar