[Bioperl-l] Can't locate "_tag_value" error message in BPlite.t test

Peter Schattner schattner@alum.swarthmore.edu
Sun, 15 Oct 2000 12:58:42 -0700

I am trying to get the module BPlite to run on my system.

When I run the test program BPlite.t from my main CVS directory I get
the message:
[peter@pschattner bioperl-live]$ perl -w t/BPlite.t
1..24
ok 1
ok 2
ok 3
Can't locate object method "_tag_value" via package
"Bio::SeqFeature::Similarity" at Bio/SeqFeature/Similarity.pm line 170,
<FH> chunk 170.

Yet I do find the method "_tag_value" in package
"Bio::SeqFeature::Generic",   as well as the statement that
"Bio::SeqFeature::Similarity" isa "Bio::SeqFeature::Generic".  So I
don't see what's wrong.

Can someone tell me what I need to do to get past this error message and
get BPlite working?

Thanks

Peter