[Bioperl-l] parsing only the summary part of a blast report

gert thijs gert.thijs@esat.kuleuven.ac.be
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 11:22:21 +0200

> On Thu, 12 Oct 2000, Ian Korf wrote:
>
> > I don't use HTML formatted blast reports, so I've never tried it. I'm not
> > sure what it would take to make it compatible since I've never seen HTML
> > formatted blast output (which I imagine could come in many flavors - it's
> > bad enough to have multiple blast versions). I'm also not sure what to do
> > about the two development braches. Part of the reason it's called BPlite
> > is that it is supposed to be lightweight, which bioperl isn't. So I'm a
> > little resistant to making the bioperl version the only version. So the
> > short answer is that I have no plans for a version that supports HTML,
> > sorry. As an alternative, you could write a script that strips the
> > specific HTML formatting and pipe that to BPlite.

You can use 'Bio::Tools::Blast::HTML::strip_html' to get rid of all the
HTML-tags in the blast report. I have been using this function to to convert
the output of an NCBI blast report to a plain text file and it works quite
nice.

Gert Thijs

+ Gert Thijs              gert.thijs@esat.kuleuven.ac.be +
+ Dept. Elektrotechniek ESAT-SISTA                       +
+ Kardinaal Mercierlaan, 94                              +
+ B-3001 HEVERLEE  Belgium                               +
+ Tel :  +32-16-32 18 84 ---- Fax : +32-16-32 19 70      +