[Bioperl-l] Use of Bio namespace

Keith James kdj@sanger.ac.uk
09 Oct 2000 10:41:38 +0100

Hi all,

As the current (and a far as I know, sole) occupants of the Bio::
namespace I thought this would be the forum to ask about any plans for
namespace organisation of biology-related contributed to CPAN in the
future.

The CPAN FAQ suggests nested module names and not making new top-level
categories unless there is a very good reason, so do people have a
view on where, say, (non-molecular) biology related stuff should go?
Or, as in my situation, where non-Bioperl sequence/feature
etc. modules with similar applications should go to avoid clashes and
confusion.

thanks,

Keith

--

-= Keith James - kdj@sanger.ac.uk - http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Users/kdj =-
The Sanger Centre, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambs CB10 1SA