[Bioperl-l] changes to GenBank (and other) parsing in 0.6.2?

Mark Wilkinson mwilkinson@gene.pbi.nrc.ca
Fri, 06 Oct 2000 10:36:18 -0600

Hi BioPerl'ers!

Just a quick question re: whether there are any changes to the parsing
of GenBank (or others) to create a SeqI object in the 0.6.2 release of
BioPerl.  Given that the module that we are writing re-parses this
parsed output any changes to the output will have repercussions on our
code and I would like to be as up-to-date as possible when we finally
release the module.

Release is immanent - our copyright/GPL statement is with the NRC
lawyers (!!  yes... believe it or not they decided to have a lawyer look
at it!!  They simply don't understand Open Source mentality...), and
Mike Reith from the NRC in Halifax is giving it the once/twice over to
catch any bugs that we missed.  Hopefully it shouldn't take more than a
week... hopefully...

Cheers all!

Mark

--