[Bioperl-l] SeqFeatureI

hilmar.lapp@pharma.Novartis.com hilmar.lapp@pharma.Novartis.com
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 11:15:17 +0100

Apart from bug fixes in some test scripts, I've also corrected the
documentation in SeqFeatureI for has_tag($tag_name), saying that it only
returns TRUE or FALSE, as SeqFeature::Generic implements it. I currently do
not have a real overview of all classes implementing SeqFeatureI, so the
question is: do indeed all classes implementing this interface implement it
the way SeqFeature::Generic does, or is SeqFeature::Generic a misbehaving
exception. In the first case SeqFeatureI will need a method for setting and
getting tags, too (which has_tag() did before), like add_tag_value() in
SeqFeature::Generic. In the second case, SeqFeature::Generic needs to be
fixed (and the doc for SeqFeatureI reverted to the previous version).

I personally very much prefer returning has_tag() TRUE or FALSE only, as
the name clearly suggests.

Feedback appreciated.

     Hilmar